"What surprised me most was how much the process emphasized solving several coding questions under pressure. I had an initial recruiter screen, then a 45-minute pre-screen with a senior manager about my past work and impact, and after that a full loop of five interviews. The loop was two coding rounds, one of them classic LeetCode-style and one of them AI coding with data-processing and math-heavy prompts like sparse matrix times vector multiplication and k-nearest neighbor search, plus two design rounds and one behavioral. The design interviews were split between an ML modeling discussion for a computer vision problem and a system design round on something like Google Street View, which I found pretty challenging. I passed the loop, got notified that I made it through, and then moved into offer negotiation."
Machine Learning Engineer · Senior / L5
"A thorough, well-structured process: recruiter screen, hiring manager screen, a take-home case, a virtual onsite of four rounds (product sense, bar raiser/culture, technical execution, ML fundamentals), and a final conversation with a senior product leader. The interviewers were friendly, engaged and clearly hands-on practitioners. Each round probed a different angle, so you get to show range. The recruiting team was responsive and gave candid feedback mid-process, which I appreciated.
What didn't go as well was logistics near the end. A late-stage round was cancelled at short notice and rerouted to a different interviewer, who treated it like an early screen, so I wasn't sure what was left. With interviewers across time zones, some slots also fell late in my evening. I didn't get an offer. Looking back, the gap was answer length and audience awareness in the senior rounds, not technical depth."
Product Manager · Senior / L5
"I interviewed for a Product Manager role, and the process was two 45-minute phone screens followed by three onsite rounds. The phone screens were product sense and product execution, and the onsite repeated those with one extra leadership round. What stood out to me was how syllabus-driven the whole thing felt. I found a big list of common questions online, prepared answers, did mocks, and most of the questions I got were from that same list. I would call the difficulty about a 5 out of 10 because there were basically no surprises if you prepared well."
Product Manager
"It followed AWS's standard flow: a recruiter screen, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a full virtual loop of [4–5] back-to-back interviews, each about 45 minutes. The loop was almost entirely behavioral and built around Amazon's Leadership Principles, with each interviewer focused on a couple of LPs, plus some role-specific questions about data center standup, hardware deployment, and vendor coordination."
Program Manager · Senior / L5