Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflicting priorities with your stakeholders and how you secured alignment with them.
Roles
Companies
Categories
Unlock detailed company stats for this questionUpgrade
Interview experiences
7 shared
Amazon · a month ago
"The process was significantly more rigorous than what I’ve experienced at other big tech companies. While most companies focus primarily on technical execution, Amazon's intense focus on evaluating every response against specific Leadership Principles adds a layer of complexity that requires deep preparation. That said, the recruiter was incredibly accurate, transparent, and helpful regarding what to expect, which is rare in this industry and highly appreciated.""
Product Manager · Sr. Staff / L7

Stripe · 3 months ago
"The process was more rigorous than anything I’d done at other big tech companies, but the recruiter was actually accurate and helpful on what to prepare. A few things caught me off guard: one round had the level of details and requirements for scalability."
Engineering Manager · Staff / L6

Scale AI · 4 months ago
"A thorough, well-structured process: recruiter screen, hiring manager screen, a take-home case, a virtual onsite of four rounds (product sense, bar raiser/culture, technical execution, ML fundamentals), and a final conversation with a senior product leader. The interviewers were friendly, engaged and clearly hands-on practitioners. Each round probed a different angle, so you get to show range. The recruiting team was responsive and gave candid feedback mid-process, which I appreciated.
What didn't go as well was logistics near the end. A late-stage round was cancelled at short notice and rerouted to a different interviewer, who treated it like an early screen, so I wasn't sure what was left. With interviewers across time zones, some slots also fell late in my evening. I didn't get an offer. Looking back, the gap was answer length and audience awareness in the senior rounds, not technical depth."
Product Manager · Senior / L5

LinkedIn · 7 months ago
"The loop ran for 2+ months and ended up being six to seven rounds with no take-home: recruiter screen, hiring managers, case-heavy interviews, and separate behaviorals. No take-home, surprisingly!
Almost every round blended casing and behavioral, so it never felt like I could fully switch my brain off one side or the other. The interviews themselves were candidate-led, with one interviewer feeling super collaborative and another much more reserved and watchful, especially in the cases.
I feel like the biggest theme across the whole process was that LinkedIn cared a lot about story, stakeholder management, and whether I was actually AI-native versus just saying buzzwords."
BizOps & Strategy · Mid Level / L4

Amazon · 9 months ago
"I interviewed for an internal Senior Product Manager L6 role. After my resume got screened in, I had a hiring manager phone screen and then four LP-based rounds spread across about two and a half weeks. There were no dedicated technical rounds, although the hiring manager did ask about my technical skills and domain understanding in the first call. All of my interviewers were seasoned L6 product managers, manager PMs, or L7+ leaders, and the whole process felt heavily centered on Amazon leadership principles and the internal question bank. It was honestly a fun experience, but the bar felt different from other places and the probing was very Amazon-specific."
Product Manager · Senior / L5

Meta · 9 months ago
"I had a first product design screening round, then went into the full loop, which included coding, another product design, a project retro, and a people management round. The process felt very self-led, especially in the technical rounds, where they gave me a board or editor and expected me to drive the discussion without much prompting. I was told that many engineering manager candidates tend to score higher on the technical side and lower on the management side, but in my case, it was the opposite. I failed the coding round and the full-loop product design round, which really surprised me, since I felt I had answered the product design interview more comprehensively than the screening one.
I actually came out of the interviews feeling quite confident I would get an offer, but did not."
Engineering Manager

Amazon · a year ago
"It was a long and tedious process but fairly simple and predictable. Have 2 strong stories for each leadership principle is good enough prep, be able to tweak as per the principle and the story is a good add on."
Product Manager · Senior / L5
Community answers
No answers contributed by the community yet.
Related questions
Tell me about a time when you had difficulty communicating with key stakeholders and how you aligned with them.Tell me about a time you had to secure stakeholder buy-in despite a conflict of interest.Describe a situation where you managed stakeholders with conflicting priorities.Related courses

Course
Course
Product Strategy Questions
Product strategy is fundamentally different in the AI era, and we'll tell you exactly how to approach these rounds effectively within the new rules.

Course
Course
Engineering Management Interview Prep
Land your dream engineering manager role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore system design, people management, project retros, behavioral interviews, and more.




